R.A.L.P.H. was a robotic spy bug belonging to Juni Cortez.
Spy Kids 2
R.A.L.P.H. was first seen in helping putting on Juni's bowtie. Later, when he and Carmen needed R.A.L.P.H. to gain information on the assignment the Giggles kids were assigned on. The little robot completed its mission, but got stepped on by Gary Giggles. He returned it to Juni, saying it was an "accident".
In the credits, it was shown that R.A.L.P.H. was fixed and for now walked on crutches with a cast, though it's presumably non-canon.
Spy Kids 3
R.A.L.P.H. was seen at the Cortezes' tree house, where Juni asked him to write a thank-you note to Romero. While writing, R.A.L.P.H. got into a fight with Juni's new pet, a miniature Spider-monkey. At the end of the film, R.A.L.P.H. and the Spider-monkey joined their hands along with the Cortezes' big family. As the hands parted, the robot was flung into the air and crashed on the screen. R.A.L.P.H smiled nervously at the audience.
Spy Kids Adventures
A New Kind of Super Spy
- Miniature brush (used to brush off Juni's bow tie)
- At least two miniature grappling cables launched from the feet (might be on all six, known to be on both front legs) with magnetic and/or high-power suction tips that can grip walls. He can swing from one, detach the tip from the surface or object, launch another cable and attach it to another surface or object, and keep swinging from it without hitting the ground
- Listening equipment (for hearing and live streaming)
- Video vision/built-in camera (for sight and live streaming)
- Wireless connectivity (used to communicate with Juni over a distance and stream live video and audio to Juni's computer(s), such as when Juni got R.A.L.P.H.'s attention, had him go to the briefing room to spy, and then watch and listen live through R.A.L.P.H., all from the treehouse.)
- Six legs with claw/grabber tips
- Built-in miniature computer that acts as a "brain". It contains an AI (artificial intelligence) that allows him to think, act, function, and react to physical and/or mental stimuli. It also seems to give him semi-sapience.
- The way he swings on his grappling cables is similar to how Spider-Man swings on his webs.