Ricardo Gonzalo Pedro Montalbán y Merino, KSG (/ˌmɒntəlˈbɑːn/; Spanish pronunciation: [montalˈβan]; November 25, 1920 – January 14, 2009) was a Mexican actor. Among his notable roles was Armando in the Planet of the Apes film series from the early 1970s, where he starred in Escape from the Planet of the Apes and Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.
Ricardo Montalbán played Mr. Roarke on the television series Fantasy Island, and Khan Noonien Singh in both the original Star Trek series and the film Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan . He won an Emmy Award for his role in the miniseries How the West Was Won, and a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Screen Actors Guild in 1993.
Montalbán was born on November 25, 1920, in Mexico City and grew up in Torreón, the son of Spanish immigrants Ricarda Merino Jiménez and Genaro Balbino Montalbán Busano, a store manager, who raised him as a Roman Catholic. He was born with an arteriovenous malformation (AVM) in his spine. Montalbán had a sister, Carmen, and two brothers, Pedro and Carlos. As a teenager, he moved to Los Angeles to live with Carlos. They moved to New York City in 1940, and Montalbán earned a minor role in the play Her Cardboard Lover.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
- ↑ http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/15/MNBR15ADEC.DTL
- ↑ http://www.filmreference.com/film/29/Ricardo-Montalban.html
- ↑ http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-montalban15-2009jan15,0,4189863.story?page=2
- ↑ http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-montalban15-2009jan15,0,4189863.story
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x39-hR5rGlc
- ↑ https://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800015033/bio
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20120514070505/http://articles.cnn.com/2009-01-14/entertainment/ricardo.montalban_1_fantasy-island-mr-roarke-turner-classic-movies?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ